Regulations to comply with the recording in businesses, communities and homes.
- What spaces can we record?
- Place of cash collection as counters, cash registers ...
- Accesses and exits of the commerce.
- Living rooms, meeting room ...
- Staff rooms.
- General spaces of our commerce open to the public.
- Where can we NOT put security cameras?
- Let them record inside costumes.
- That they record bathrooms or toilets.
- They record public road, community or foreign trade areas.
* The capture of images on public roads for security purposes is regulated by the Organic Law 4/1997, of August 4, which regulates the use of video cameras by the State Security Forces and Corps in public places, and it is reserved for the Security Forces and Bodies. However, on certain occasions the installation of a private video surveillance system can partially capture images of the public road. These cases must be an exception and respect the proportionality in the treatment. In the first place, there should not be an alternative installation possibility. On the other hand, video cameras should be oriented in such a way that their main object of surveillance is the private environment and the capturing of images of the public road is the minimum essential. For example, it can happen that the recording of the entrance of a garage captures images of people who pass exactly in front of it, but never the whole of the street or the sidewalk or, of course, the adjacent buildings.
- Can we access video from the cameras remotely?
- Yes, we can remotely monitor the image of the security cameras of the business. but we have to make sure that we comply with minimum security measures so that only authorized persons have access to said cameras. The video equipment usually comes with a username and password by default, which, among other measures, we must modify if or if to avoid unwanted access.
- Important requirements on business video and data protection.
- We must register the video file in the Data Protection agency.
- You have to have informative forms already printed or ready to print.
- Only the person in charge or responsible for said file must have access to the recordings.
- The recordings can only be kept for a maximum period of 30 days. (Only 30 days may be exceeded in case of custody of said images due to a theft or incident.)
- The access to the recordings must be protected by key and / or password (which we must change periodically).
- In the accesses to the commerce we must have the corresponding Warning sign, indicating that it is a "VIDEO SURVEILLANCE AREA", as well as indicating in this one who is responsible for the file.
- Si el sistema de vídeo vigilancia no graba imágenes y solo es usado para la supervisión en tiempo real de las cámaras, no hay fichero de grabación por lo que no estaremos obligados a inscribir fichero alguno, no obstante, si deberemos cumplir el resto de deberes exigido por la LOPD.
Regardless of complying with all of the above, from the moment we are recording images of our clients or employees, we will be obliged to comply with the Data Protection Law that implies taking certain measures.